- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 375°F. Into a small bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla and stir in flour mixture, oats, and coconut until combined well.
Arrange rounded tablespoons of dough about 3 inches apart on baking sheets and with moistened fingers flatten mounds into 3-inch rounds. Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.